- Respects to other users are highly appreciated, such as:
- Keeping to a minimum volume of voices while talking or taking part in a group discussion
- Sleeping, smoking, using cell phones, radio, joking, playing online games outside the library.
- Proper use of the library furniture.
- Proper attired at all times in the library.
- Keeping the library and the collection clean and in good condition by :
- Eating and drinking outside the library.
- Putting trash on the trash cans.
- Proper handling of walls, furniture and library materials (no marking, ripping off, breaking) etc.
- Keeping the library in good order by :
- Using the library mainly for academic and research purposes.
- Putting the books on the trolley provided after reading or removing from the Shelves.
- Leaving the furniture in its original place.
- Not leaving belongings overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already issued out.
- Report to the library immediately if you find other’s belongings or if you lose your belongings.
- The library staff has the privilege to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users.
- The library has the privilege to give any kind of discipline acts to any user who disregards the library rules and regulations .
Who is Library user?
The following people reserve the right to be the members of the library. Members are entitled to use all library services.
- All registered students of the University,
- Active Faculty and administrative staffs in the University,
- Known members of the community and those with a genuine need, have limited access to the library with a special permission from the head of the library.
** Others may read the library materials and use the reading room in the library.
Borrowing Book Procedures
- A user must be a registered student or active faculty and administrative staff in the current term to be able to use the library services.
- All users must present their library ID before borrowing any library materials.
- Library materials may not be removed from the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out.
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Students or staff are not allowed to borrow library materials on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to others.
- Students with overdue materials and overdue fines will not be allowed to borrow books.
How to borrow a locker key?
- Go to the circulation desk to borrow a locker key
- Tell the library staff that you want to use the locker
- Give your identity card (KTM or Library membership card) in exchange for a locker key
- You are not allowed to borrow the locker key on behalf of others or use other people’s ID card to borrow the locker key
- Go to the Locker
- Put your bag and other stuff in the library locker except for wallet, handphone, and laptop. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property.
- The locker can only be used while visiting the library, not leaving your belongings overnight in the library
- Upon Leaving Library
- Take your bag and other stuff out of the locker
- Return your locker key in exchange for your identity card.
- If you lose your locker key, you have to report to the Circulation Desk and pay a penalty for losing your locker key.
- Overnight Locker Rules
- The library staff will take out your stuff out of your locker if you put your bag/stuff overnight. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of your belongings
Damage or Loss Library Materials
All users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials they are borrowing. Marking of library materials will be regarded as damaged. Users will be required to repair (if it still can be repaired) or replace the loss/badly damaged library material with the most current edition of the same title.
Any damage or loss of library materials must be reported to the librarian immediately.
Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
How to pay the library fines?
- Go to the circulation desk to return your book(s)
- Return the book(s) to the circulation desk
- The library staff will issue a penalty charge form ( Book Fine Receipt Form ) if your book is overdue. your ID card (Library Membership Card) will be detained until you show the proof that you have paid the fine
- Go to the bank/ATM/bank, pay the fines through your virtual account or transfer to BCA, under the name of Yayasan Pendidikan Universitas Presiden, Account No. 8730123567, Swift code: CENAIDJA (for faculty members, administration staff, foreign students)
- Go to Finance Department, show the receipt and penalty charge form to Finance Department to ask the signature proving that you have paid the fines
- Go to Circulation Desk, show the penalty charge form to the library staff and ask for signature proving that you have settled the fines
- The library staff will return your ID card.